Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Never Take a Day Off

This past week I was on vacation, and I thought that meant I would bike more, but I didn't.  In fact, I seemed to have biked less, which disappoints me.  I know, there were things that I let get in the way, but there were days I just didn't get up and get out there.

I know me well enough to know that if I start slacking off, I will eventually stop altogether.  And I don't want to give up this journey I'm on.  I may not be losing a ton of weight (I've lost a grand total of 6 pounds in just about three months) but I am in better shape than I've ever been.  I have good stamina, and my legs and knees are strong and mostly pain-free these days.  That's the benefit of what I'm doing.  And that's a benefit I don't want to lose.

I did bike the Monday of my vacation, but then didn't bike again until the following Sunday.  I rode more than 99 miles in May, and over 125 in June.  If I don't get cracking, July won't be as good as either of those two.  As I get stronger, biking in a wind is not as big a problem, and I've been using a windy morning as an excuse.  That won't happen again, unless the wind is 20 mph or better.

I did take my bike on a short trip when my mom and I went to Santa Fe last week.  We rode around downtown, just to get around a bit easier.  It's the first time my bike has been out of the state!  It and my mother's bike traveled just fine on the bike rack on the back of her truck.  The doggies rode around in our baskets, and a fun time was had by all. 

This weekend I will bike all three days.  That has to come first, no matter what.  Winter will be here soon enough and I won't be able to bike.  Gotta get it in while I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment