Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Return to Standard Time

Daylight Savings Time and the return to Standard Time always kicks my butt.  Not in a good way, either.

I am not fond of the nights where it is light until 9 p.m. or later, and the dark mornings, either.  But then when we switch back, it gets dark so awfully early that I lose any time I might have had to walk or bike.

That has been the case since Sunday.  Sunday was the last day I was able to ride, unfortunately.  We still had daylight.  When I get home from work in the evening, it is after 5 p.m. and too dark to ride.  I did manage to get in a couple of walks this week, because you can walk in the twilight without too much hazard (if you don't count the dogs). 

But still.  This is one of those things that I wish the government wouldn't mess with.  It's going to be hard enough to get my biking in on a regular basis just because it's winter and cold and rainy and snowy.  But to have it mess with the light, too? 

I think it's one of those things that just needs to be abolished. 

No comments:

Post a Comment